Monday, July 27, 2009

Alice in Wonderland: Cut!

As of writing this, all pieces for the outfit have been cut out. Actually, they were cut out hours ago, but I didn't have a chance to update when I finished.

The apron was a particular challenge and we are excited to see how it turns out. So far, it looks adorable!

Tomorrow, we plan to start the sewing process. My husband says he could get the outfit stitched together by the end of the week, but I would prefer us to work together. My concern is also that it would add a lot of unnecessary stress for him, given that he also takes care of our son during the day and he would very likely let the apartment chores sit when they really shouldn't. I also have to admit that I'm a bit of a knit-picker when it comes to my projects. I want to be sure that it turns out right... by my own standards. Hence why I was the person doing most of the cutting and figure work, looking to my honey when I needed second opinions. Of course, that's a huge help in my world.

We do see this outfit being done well before my personal deadline, which is exactly what I'm hoping. :-)

No comments: