Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Alice In Wonderland Update: Prepping

At this point, the fabrics are preshrunk, which means that any possible shrinkage after the item is stitched together should be minimal.

After ironing the cloth, it will be ready for us to lay out the pattern pieces and start cutting. My friend sent her daughter's measurements, which we need to compare to the different patterns we are going to be using as reference, tweaking where necessary.

The hardest part of this project is time. Fortunately, the deadline is a ways off. My friend said she needs the outfit by early September, but our goal (my husband's and mine) is to get the outfit done and sent by mid August. This goal should be fine, even with a toddler underfoot, especially with the joint efforts of my hubby and me.

I do owe my friend the material totals, which we will be sending soon. Shipping costs would have to wait until the dress is done so I can weigh it properly (with the box and shipping materials).

No comments: