Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Victorian Mourning Outfit: Skirt and Petticoat

I got word today that Saturday's Brimsteam event was cancelled. They are looking into another date, possibly in November, for the next game, which on one hand has me concerned, but on the other hand is a relief. That gives me more time to flesh out the outfit and not go crazy trying to get the basic stuff done.

Work on the outfit has been moving along slowly. The skirt and petticoat are almost done. I decided to attach them to the same waistband, which means that even though I can't use them in different combinations, I have less to worry about when it comes to layers. Layers can be great when it comes to gaming, but it can also be a problem... especially with so many layers.

At this point, for the base of the skirt/petticoat, I need to add the last button hole to the waistband, sew the two buttons on, and hem the bottoms. Later, I plan to add ruffles, like the original sketch showed. I plan, however, to take photos before then, if for no other reason than to get a feel of how the outfit is coming along.

My next entry will be an updated list of what I want to make to complete this outfit...

No comments: